The Cervi Museum is located in the same house that the Cervi family had lived in since 1934, a large farmhouse in the middle of farmland covering about 40 acres on the border between the municipalities of Gattatico and Campegine.
The Cervi Museum originally housed a collection of objects that the family of these seven brothers, shot by the fascists in 1943, had conserved since the war.
Over time many other items were donated (printed materials and manuscripts, official awards and decorations, albums, memorabilia and art works). The visit starts by illustrating the Cervi family’s extraordinary life, covering their experiences of work and combat and bearing witness to the cultural, political and social climate in the countryside of Emilia in the first half of the twentieth century.
The museum is managed by the Alcide Cervi Institute and lies beside a modern library specialized in peasant civilization that preserves the library fund of Emilio Sereni.